College Credit Plus Information
Ohio’s College Credit Plus program allows students to earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking college courses from community colleges or universities either at the high school, online or on the college campus.
The purpose of College Credit Plus is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college ready students who will be in grades 7-12 in the upcoming school year who demonstrate high levels of academic preparation and achievement. This program is offered at no cost to the student*.
*If a student fails a CCP course or withdraws past the deadline, the student will be financially responsible for the course.
You are required to attend a meeting to be eligible to participate in the College Credit Plus program. This year due to health restrictions, the required meeting is virtual (above).
After watching the required meeting video (above), you will go to the College Credit Plus Intent Form and complete the form.
Please make sure you are following all CCP deadlines to be eligible for the program. For additional questions, please contact Mr. Woessner.
If you have additional questions about CCP after watching our video and reviewing this page, you can visit the Sinclair Community College website at:
Classes offered at OHS through Sinclair Community College
- Beginning American Sign Language I 3 credits
- Beginning American Sign Language II 3 credits
- Intermediate American Sign Language I 3 credits
- Intermediate American Sign Language II 3 credits
- Beginning French II 3 credits
- Intermediate French I 3 credits
- Beginning Spanish II 3 credits
- Intermediate Spanish I 3 credits
- Intro to Mass Communication 3 credits
- Calculus for Business & Economics 5 credits
- Principles of Engineering 2 credits
Architecture & Civil Engineering Technology 2 credits (every other year)
Classes offered at OHS through Wright State University
- Western Civilization to 1500 3 credits
- The West and the World Since 1500 3 credits (Offered every other year, not 2020-2021)
- Great Books: Literature 3 credits
- International Politics 3 credits
Sample Off-Campus or Online Course Offerings
- English Composition I and II 3 to 6 credits
- Introduction to Psychology 3 credits
- American Federal Government 3 credits
- College Algebra 3 to 5 credits
- General Biology I w/ Lab 4 credits
- Effective Public Speaking 3 credits
- Introduction to Sociology 3 credits
- Art Appreciation 3 credits
- Trigonometry 3 credits
- General Chemistry I w/lab 4 credits