College Credit Plus Information
Interested in the CCP program at OHS? Sinclair is hosting CCP Information sessions for the 2022-2023 school year, two on campus and two virtually. For more information and to register, visit the Sinclair website.
Ohio’s College Credit Plus program allows students to earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking college courses from community colleges or universities either at the high school, online or on the college campus.
The purpose of College Credit Plus is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college ready students who will be in grades 7-12 in the upcoming school year who demonstrate high levels of academic preparation and achievement. This program is offered at no cost to the student*.
*If a student fails a CCP course or withdraws past the deadline, the student will be financially responsible for the course.
You are required to attend/watch a meeting to be eligible to participate in the College Credit Plus program. This year, the required meeting was held virtually Feb. 3. The recording of the meeting is located at the top of this page.
After attending the meeting or watching the video, you can complete the 2022 College Credit Plus Intent Form.
Please make sure you are following all CCP deadlines to be eligible for the program. For additional questions, please contact Mr. Woessner.
Classes offered at OHS through Sinclair Community College
- Beginning American Sign Language I 3 credits
- Beginning American Sign Language II 3 credits
- Intermediate American Sign Language I 3 credits
- Intermediate American Sign Language II 3 credits
- Beginning French II 3 credits
- Intermediate French I 3 credits
- Beginning Spanish II 3 credits
- Intermediate Spanish I 3 credits
- Intro to Mass Communication 3 credits
- Calculus for Business & Economics 5 credits
- Principles of Engineering 2 credits
Architecture & Civil Engineering Technology 2 credits (every other year)
Classes offered at OHS through Wright State University
- Western Civilization to 1500 3 credits
- The West and the World Since 1500 3 credits (Offered every other year, not 2020-2021)
- Great Books: Literature 3 credits
- International Politics 3 credits
Sample Off-Campus or Online Course Offerings
- English Composition I and II 3 to 6 credits
- Introduction to Psychology 3 credits
- American Federal Government 3 credits
- College Algebra 3 to 5 credits
- General Biology I w/ Lab 4 credits
- Effective Public Speaking 3 credits
- Introduction to Sociology 3 credits
- Art Appreciation 3 credits
- Trigonometry 3 credits
- General Chemistry I w/lab 4 credits
If you are trying to see how a class will transfer, students can use a number of resources to obtain transferability information and planning.
The first step is to complete the Oakwood College Credit Plus Letter of Intent
Information for applying at Sinclair Community College is available on the Sinclair CCP web page. Visit the page for step-by-step instructions.
Instructions for enrolling for a CCP class through Wright State University are available on the WSU CCP page.
If you have additional questions about CCP after watching our video and reviewing this page, you can visit the Sinclair Community College website or the Wright State University website.