College Credit Plus Information
Ohio’s College Credit Plus program allows students to earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking college courses from community colleges or universities either at the high school, online or on the college campus.
The purpose of College Credit Plus is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college ready students who will be in grades 7-12 in the upcoming school year who demonstrate high levels of academic preparation and achievement. This program is offered at no cost to the student*.
*If a student fails a CCP course or withdraws past the deadline, the student will be financially responsible for the course.
- Attend the CCP information night on January 31 at 6:45 p.m. in the Auditorium or watch the CCP Informational video below. In addition, read this message from Ohio Department of Higher Education Chancellor Mike Duffey and Ohio Department of Education and Workforce Director Stephen D. Dackin. Parent and Guardian Access to College Credit Plus Student Records
- After attending the meeting or watching the video, you can complete the 2024 - 2025 College Credit Plus Intent Form.
- Choose the CCP course and/or college you wish to apply to.
- Apply to college for CCP.
- Notify OHS CCP Coordinator, Adam Woessner after completing the application process.
- Complete placement testing or submit ACT/SAT test scores if necessary.
- Participate in the virtual orientation program offered by the college.
- Complete course selection and registration.
- CCP Courses offered at OHS - Guidance office will register.
- CCP Courses taken online or at the college - Registered directly with college.
Courses offered at OHS through Sinclair Community College
- Beginning American Sign Language I 3 credits
- Beginning American Sign Language II 3 credits
- Beginning French II 3 credits
- Intermediate French I 3 credits
- Beginning Spanish II 3 credits
- Intermediate Spanish I 3 credits
- Intro to Mass Communication 3 credits
- Calculus I 5 credits
- Linear Algebra 3 credits
- History of the Holocaust and Genocide Studies 3 credits
- Intro to Financial Accounting
Classes offered at OHS through Wright State University
- Western Civilization to 1500 3 credits
- Great Books: Literature 3 credits
- International Politics 3 credits
Sample Off-Campus or Online Course Offerings
- English Composition I and II 3 to 6 credits
- Introduction to Psychology 3 credits
- American Federal Government 3 credits
- College Algebra 3 to 5 credits
- General Biology I w/ Lab 4 credits
- Effective Public Speaking 3 credits
- Introduction to Sociology 3 credits
- Art Appreciation 3 credits
- Trigonometry 3 credits
- General Chemistry I w/lab 4 credits
If you are trying to see how a class will transfer, students can use a number of resources to obtain transferability information and planning.