To obtain a minor work permit:
- Download the pre-application form.
- Complete the STUDENT/APPLICANT INFORMATION section. Parent/guardian MUST sign this form.
- Have employer complete the PLEDGE OF EMPLOYER section. The employer’s tax ID number is required, as well as the number of days and hours student will typically work.
- Be prepared to show proof of age with a copy of birth certificate, driver’s license or other official documentation.
- Have physician complete the PHYSICIAN’S CERTIFICATE FOR MINOR WORK PERMIT or provide a copy of current sports physical examination form. (This should be on file in Final Forms.)
- Bring completed application and documentation to the Guidance Office or Senior High Office. Completed forms can also be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The work permit will be prepared and entered onto the State of Ohio system. You will be asked to personally sign it.
- For each new job under a new employer, the student must have the new employer complete a PLEDGE OF EMPLOYER and the student must provide an updated physical if the current physical form on file is more than a year old. A new work permit will be re-issued.
For additional information on work permits in Ohio, visit the Ohio Department of Commerce website.
DEWEY'S PIZZA HIRING PIZZA MAKERS
Dewey's Pizza is hiring pizza makers. It is a great opportunity to learn new skills, have fun and get some free pizza while doing so. Students must be at least 16 years old. Managers can be reached by calling 937-223-0000. To apply online, go to https://recruiting.paylocity.
DAYTON DRAGONS HIRING SUMMER HELP
Just like many industries, our concessionaire is challenged with the current labor market. Professional Sports Catering, the Dragons concessionaire, is currently looking for part-time employees this season. If you are 16 years or older and looking for part-time/seasonal work and would like to work in a fun environment at Day Air Ballpark, please visit: https://careers.
Oakwood Schools Hiring Summer Workers
Oakwood Schools will once again be hiring summer workers for the 2022 summer. Workers must be at least 16 years of age to be eligible. If you have worked for the District in previous summers, you should contact your previous supervisor to discuss availability. If you are new to the District as a summer worker, visit the Board of Education office at 20 Rubicon Rd to pick up an application and begin the hiring process.
Hunny Bee's is hiring
Hunny Bee's Crispy Fried, the new chicken restaurant on Brown St. just minutes away from OHS, is now hiring and looking for friendly crew members. Each employee gets a free meal each time they work, the pay is great and hours are flexible. If you'd like to apply, please go to https://zippyapp.com/biz/
Dairy Queen Is Hiring
Dairy Queen at 1042 Shroyer Rd. is hiring for day and night shifts. Dairy Queen is open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. To apply, visit Dairy Queen at 1042 Shroyer Rd. If you have questions, please call the story at 937-298-3751.
Figlio Restaurant Hiring Bussers
Now hiring two students to work part-time (1-2 nights each week) as buspersons or cooks. Will train. We schedule around your sports and school activities! Closed Sundays. Stop by our restaurant in Town and Country between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. to pick up an application or contact email@example.com to schedule an interview. MANY Oakwood HS students have worked at Figlio. It's a great first job!