Main Menu

Explore More



Oakwood High School


Employment Opportunities

Obtaining a Work Permit

To obtain a minor work permit:

  • Download the pre-application form.
  • Complete the STUDENT/APPLICANT INFORMATION section.  Parent/guardian MUST sign this form.
  • Have employer complete the PLEDGE OF EMPLOYER section. The employer’s tax ID number is required, as well as the number of days and hours student will typically work.
  • Be prepared to show proof of age with a copy of birth certificate, driver’s license or other official documentation.
  • Have physician complete the PHYSICIAN’S CERTIFICATE FOR MINOR WORK PERMIT or provide a copy of current sports physical examination form. (This should be on file in Final Forms.)
  • Bring completed application and documentation to the Guidance Office or Senior High Office.  Completed forms can also be scanned and emailed to
  • The work permit will be prepared and entered onto the State of Ohio system.  You will be asked to personally sign it.
  • For each new job under a new employer, the student must have the new employer complete a PLEDGE OF EMPLOYER and the student must provide an updated physical if the current physical form on file is more than a year old.  A new work permit will be re-issued.

For additional information on work permits in Ohio, visit the Ohio Department of Commerce website.

Now Hiring

NCR Country Club is hiring go to choose the careers tab and fill out an application

Swim Safe

First page of the PDF file: 2023SwimSafeHiringADA

SwimSafe Pool Management is hiring for Summer 2023! Our available positions include Lifeguards, Front Desk/Concessions Attendants, Pool Technicians/Cleaners, Management Positions, and more! Pay rate is dependent on position and facility, but most positions start at up to $15.00/hour. We manage multiple nearby pools, such as the Dayton Country Club, Moraine Country Club, and NCR Country Club to name a few!

If anyone is interested, they are more than welcome to contact Kristen Bailey at or (513) 755-7075 ext. 6. 

City of Oakwood

LOCK IN YOUR SUMMER JOB NOW!  The City of Oakwood is accepting applications for summer employment. Seasonal employees are needed at the Gardner Pool including Lifeguards, Concession Workers and Pool Desk Attendants. Lifeguards must be enrolled in a Lifeguard Certification Course or fully certified. Hours will vary. All Lifeguards, Concession Workers and Pool Desk Attendants must be at least 16 years old. Energetic Day Camp Counselors are needed as well; must be 18 years old and enthusiastic about working with children.

Summer employees are also needed to work Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. as Groundskeepers who maintain city boulevards and parks, and as Laborers maintaining streets, painting hydrants and poles, trimming trees & bushes, and debris removal. Must love working outdoors and be at least 18 years old.

Apply as soon as possible for first consideration! 

The Department of Leisure Services is looking for an energetic day camp counselor to run our various camps and events this summer.  Applicants must be high energy and enjoy working with kids between the ages of 4 and 13. A background in education is a plus. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. Hours vary but usually consist of 20-40hrs/week.

Applications may be picked up at the OCC or the City Building (30 Park Avenue) and should be turned in BEFORE APRIL 3. 

If you have any questions, please contact Thomas Hayes at 937-298-0775 or by email at

The City of Oakwood is hiring groundskeepers to maintain our parks, boulevards and Smith Gardens.  Applicants must be 18 years of age. 

Hours are 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. 

Applications may be picked up at the OCC or the City Building (30 Park Avenue) and should be turned in BEFORE APRIL 3. 

If you have any questions, please contact Brian Caldwell at 937-298-0775 or by email at


If you are looking for a job that will challenge and inspire you, a job that will offer tremendous professional and personal growth, and a job that will provide unique experiences, then Dayton Dragons Professional Baseball is the right place!  Working for one of the most successful sports entertainment franchises in the country, you'll be vital to providing great experiences to hundreds of thousands of fans this summer.

The ideal candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced, energetic environment and be willing to work extra, non- traditional hours when needed. The ideal candidate must also have strong organizational skills, be able to multi-task, possess a positive work ethic, and strive to be great in everything they do.

Below is a list of various seasonal positions that are currently available and some of the perks/benefits:

Positions: Ushers, ticket takers, grounds crew, team store, customer service, Box Office, Concessions, and more!

Benefits: Complimentary ticket opportunities, discounts in team store, free gifts, food/beverage discounts.

Specific job descriptions: More info at

If you are interested, email the Dayton Dragons ASAP at: